Sorry for the absence... I know its been a while.
So life updates.
I've been on three trips since January (one in January and two in February). One of the trips was an exploratory trip to Honduras. It was incredible. I've never seen such poverty before. One of the orphanages we went to, Nueva Esperanza, had about 90 children, boys and girls. When we first walked in, we had children run to us from the door. I immediately asked, "where are your shoes" and the little boy told me, "we don't have any." Not a single one of them had a pair of shoes. But it only began with shoes. They had so many needs that's its indescribable in words.
Umm.... I've been asked seriously now more than really ever before if I'm getting engaged. And the answer is no. Not yet anyway. But Jason does usually get an elbow into his side everytime it happens and he's there. :)
I'm proud of J though. He recently just got back from playing with Ashlee Simpson for like 2 weeks and he did a great job! I'll admit! I'm excited for him-- whether or not she's my favorite. You can check them out here! So that's the news with him. We're doing great. I love him.
Hmm what else... I just realized that I haven't posted since I last moved. I'm living in Richardson, in an awesome 3 bdrm house with two great girls-- Nathalie (who I went to Baylor with) and Julia (who I work with). We've had a lot of fun together! I love the house and the girls and the location! We haven't quite thrown a house party yet but maybe the summer will bring one.
I LOVE my small group. I always have. But I'm at the point where I'm seeing the girls more regularly in my life-- and really seeing the fruits of walking in life together and learning from them. Shout out to Brian and Andi :) (my leaders). So my next challenge in the group is to get to know the guys... really I don't really know much more than their names. Sad to say. Not because I don't want to... just because before the group got smaller we split up girls and guys and so now that we're combined... I already know the girls and so its easier to talk to them vs the guys. I'm gonna work on it though. I don't want them to think I don't like them.
So I'll work on updating better. Surely I'll be good at it for a while and then head into hibernation again. So enjoy it while it lasts.
PS: Every time I attempted to upload a picture it would spin at me for forever and not let me do it. So I apologize for the non-photos. They always make it more interesting and fun and make me appear more lively at least. I'll try again next time.
PEACE!

2 comments:
Yay!! So glad to hear from you again! Now you can reclaim your "best blogger ever" status. :)
We LOVE having you in our home group! You are such a blessing to us. Hopefully we haven't scared you off yet.... See you Wednesday!
Love you!
Andi
Welcome back, Jo Jo!
Post a Comment